(BPT) - There is one sport that brings together people of all ages around the world: soccer. And there's one event that has everyone across time zones cheering for their favorite team: the FIFA World Cup. This year, you can stay up on the action and cheer your team to victory from the comfort of your own home.
Excitement surrounds the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ as top teams compete for the championship title. Now you don't have to miss the action because the competition is on the other side of the world. Just follow this checklist for the ultimate viewing experience at home:
- Wash favorite team jersey
- Ready team regalia
- Make game-day foods
- Prep your cheering voice
- Tune into Comcast for all the games, scores, replays and more
Comcast provides a personalized, interactive and bilingual viewing experience for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ across its entertainment platforms, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, the Xfinity Stream app and XClass TV.
The platforms will aggregate all available English and Spanish live coverage and on-demand replays into one comprehensive destination, and include new features designed to bring the best and simplest FIFA World Cup™ viewing experience to pay TV customers and streamers alike.
FOX Sports and Telemundo are the official FIFA World Cup™ English and Spanish language broadcast rights-holders for the tournament, which takes place in Qatar from November 20 to December 18.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ on X1 and Stream
X1 will once again deliver the most robust and feature-rich FIFA World Cup™ viewing experience, offering Xfinity TV customers a simple and intuitive way to access all tournament coverage from across networks and streaming services including Telemundo, Universo, Peacock, FOX, FS1, and Tubi. This year's destination, which can be accessed by saying 'World Cup' or 'Copa Mundial' into the Xfinity Voice Remote, will feature:
- The first FIFA World Cup™ in Dolby Vision - only on Xfinity X1: Xfinity will be the only place in the U.S. where fans can experience FOX's live 4K match coverage in Dolby Vision HDR. Available on eligible X1 set-top boxes, this milestone marks the first time U.S. consumers will get to experience the FIFA World Cup™ in best-in-class HDR when viewed through a Dolby Vision capable TV.
- A personalized viewing experience: In just a few clicks, X1 customers can choose their favorite teams to create a custom FIFA World Cup™ viewing experience across devices, putting live coverage and match highlights of their favorite teams front and center within the destination. They can also opt to get notifications directly on their TV and/or mobile device when their favorite team is about to take the pitch, and to get quick links to post-match highlights.
- Interactive bracket: For the first time, X1's tournament bracket will be interactive, enabling fans to track the latest schedule, get the latest scores and standings, and prepare for upcoming matches with the ability to set recordings or reminders.
- DVR highlights: Leveraging machine learning technology within Comcast's global technology platform, fans will find high-impact plays, like goals, penalty kicks and amazing saves noted in the playback bar of their DVR recording so they can quickly catch up on the biggest moments from the match.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ on Comcast's Streaming Platforms
On Xfinity Flex and XClass TV, Comcast will offer streamers a comprehensive destination that brings all tournament-related programming available to stream on the platform into one experience, including live matches and same-day replays of all 64 matches in Spanish from Peacock, same-day replays of all 64 matches in English available from Tubi, tournament highlights and analysis, and more.
Flex customers wanting to experience more of the tournament can quickly and easily upgrade to Xfinity TV via the Stream app so they can access FOX's and Telemundo live coverage.