(BPT) - Life is full of unanswered questions - many involving cars and driving. For example: Why does Hawaii have interstate highways? Why do you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway? Why do drivers turn down the radio when they're looking for an address?
Some of these and other puzzling life questions may have no real answers. But the very act of asking questions provides opportunities to re-evaluate and reassess everything - leading to creative re-imagining that's essential when you're trying to improve on the status quo.
That was the inspiration behind the development of the all-new 2022 Tucson. Hyundai's designers and engineers questioned everything, allowing them to come up with innovative solutions and cutting-edge features unlike anything you have seen in vehicles before.
Unexplained car mysteries
Have you had any perplexing car mysteries on your mind? Some of the questions you may have been pondering about your car actually DO have answers, such as:
- Who came up with the idea for cruise control? Ralph Teetor (1890-1982), the inventor who first developed cruise control, was blind. He was inspired to invent cruise control by riding with his attorney, who had a habit of erratically varying his speed as he drove.
- Why does the car honk at me after I lock it and walk away? It's the 2022 Hyundai Tucson's Ultrasonic Rear Occupant Alert. Did you check your backseat for children or pets? The honk reminds you to check your backseat if it detects movement.
- Why does the car beep when I walk behind it? That's the Hands-free Smart Liftgate to allow easier access to your cargo area. The 2022 Tucson has a handsfree liftgate that will automatically open the trunk if you stand behind the vehicle for three seconds.
- What do silent films and turns signals have in common? Inventor Florence Lawrence is credited with creating the first turn signal for cars, but she was best known as America's first movie star, as she starred in nearly 300 silent films starting in 1906.
Questioning everything leads to technological advancements
Asking questions and reimagining a vehicle's design results in developing bold new solutions, like the following advanced technological features of the 2022 Tucson:
- Digital Key: With the Digital Key, owners can leave traditional keys at home - and it allows secure sharing of keys with family and friends. The Digital Key is supported by a dedicated smartphone app, allowing smartphones to control selected vehicle systems remotely. Users can use the Digital Key to lock and unlock the vehicle, activate the panic alert and start the engine.
- 10.25-inch Infotainment Touch Screen: This large, futuristic interactive touch screen streamlines the interior design and provides drivers and passengers comprehensive controls and information.
- Hidden Parametric Headlights: Tucson's integration of technology and design is seen in their innovative half-mirror type daytime running lamps (DRLs) that are blended seamlessly within the parametric grille, visible only when they're illuminated.
- Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Powertrain Options: The new Tucson offers both a Smartstream™ 2.5-liter, direct-injected and multi-port-injected gasoline engine, as well as 1.6-liter, direct-injected, turbocharged hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains to choose from.
- Remote Features: These include Remote Smart Park Assist, and through Hyundai's Blue Link® Connected Car System, Remote Start with Climate Control and Remote Seat Heating and Ventilation.
- Dynamic Voice Recognition: Voice commands can conveniently perform specific controls for the cabin, including temperature adjustment, radio, hatch opening and closing, heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats and others. The voice recognition system can also assist with various points of interest like weather status.
These are just some of the latest innovations on the new model. In addition, the new Tucson offers more standard and available active safety features than any other SUV in its class to help keep drivers, passengers and others out of harm's way.
Learn more about the all-new 2022 Tucson at HyundaiUSA.com.
And to see the hilarious new ad featuring popular celebrities asking some of life's most vexing questions, check out the Hyundai YouTube Channel at https://youtu.be/XI3-fJlmnoM.